Thursday, October 11, 2007

need to be sewing

I really need to get back into sewing. I am totally in love with this skirt that Erica made. Its Vogue 8426. I have got to make myself one of these. I did cut out a pattern last weekend but that as far as I got . It was simplicity 3928, its a summery ,wrap ,short, knit robe. I'm just feeling to lazy to set up the serger. I know once I get it out and set up I will be fine but untill then I'm doing other stuff. That skirt might be just the thing to get my sewing groove back on.

So what have I been doing? I made the man of the house a cool hat. I used Debbie bliss cashmerino aran. Ohhhh my goodness this yarn is yummy soft. The pattern was halfdome from knitty. It was such a good hat for him that I am making a 2nd one. I also started the tree jacket from Zephyr. I really wanted a red one but because I am using cotton ease I went with the charcoal grey color. I just started it yeserday so not too much progress yet. I have also been trying to make some progress on the lace skirt made with hemp. I can't work on it for very long it kills my fingers. The yarn dries them out and the lace needles are seriously sharp. But I am starting to see some progress so that's good. Once I finish the lace section I know I'll be able to go faster.

I have been on a get fit frenzy as well. I do pilates regularly butI have also been ridding my bike daily and I just took up weight lifting. I want to be toned and slim. Mostly so the man of the house gives me that look... you know the one. The one that makes you feel like your the only women in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

That skirt is awesome!! She did a fab job. Hopefully you will get your sewing mojo back!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home