Sunday, October 12, 2008

The bag, and a book

I wanted to answer a question or two about the Sipalu bag and then show you my progress. I know, it's only row 2 but I'm showing you anyway.

The sixe of the finished bag is supposed to be 10 wide by 12 high and 2 deep. So it's a good size bag. It's knit on a size 2 needle and has 17 colors. The cast one took some time, its a provisional cast on with 240 stitches. The kit comes in 3 color ways and I picked the warm tones. It's really not that pricey when you look at how much yarn you get.
If you read my blog you know that I love to knit socks. Not pairs of socks just socks (singular) I can't seem to get excited about that 2nd sock so I have lots of socks that don't match.
well this book calls for single socks. It's a crazy cool Japanese/american craft book for making fun creatures out of socks. I haven't really checked it out too much. I've been busy trying to finish the Vogue sweater.
I am working on the hood. I was feeling bad about starting the bag with this sweater sitting there looking at me. So I decided to finish the sweater before I get too involved in the bag.
Keep your fingers crossed that the next picture posted is a green gable Vogue sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lupie said...

240 st!!!!! This is going to be some bag. Can't wait to see the sweater.

2:50 AM  
Blogger adrienne said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous pattern for a bag! And that book is awesome :) It looks like so much fun!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home