Monday, April 16, 2007

sewing block

ARgh ! I need help. I have sewing block. Is that even a word ? Writers get writers block . I would think a sewer could get sewers block. It's not that I don't know what to make it's that I can't seem to get back into sewing. I have a few things that need to be finished and several things I'd like to make I just feel stuck. Since I started the pattern stash reduction contest last month I've made 18 items for the contest and 2 that didn't qualify. That's a lot of sewing. But since my grandfather passed away I just haven't been able to get back into my regular routine.
I need to sew, It's what I do, it makes me happy. So why can't I seem to do it? I thought when I made the bag last week It would help to get me going again but it hasn't.
Any advice out there? I can't be the only one this has happened too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I am the same way. Ijust do not want to touch my fabric. I messed up a dress a couple of weeks ago, and it is still in pieces laying across my dress form lol. Hopefully you can get back into it.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I go through periods where I am just not into sewing too, I think it's normal. Yes, we are all "crazy" about sewing, and maybe you feel obligated because you have a blog about sewing (!) but if you're mind wants you to take a break, you should heed that. Use this time to take in your sewing machine for regular maintenance service, you will appreciate it once you're past the "sewing block" :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

just relax it will come, you know I had a bad week last week but honey you should see me know, lol

3:49 PM  
Blogger stacysews said...

I think everyone goes through that. Take a break if you need to and enjoy something else in the mean time. the jow of sewing will come back to you and you'll be sewing up a storm again!
-stacysews

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home