Sunday, April 01, 2007

April 1st a day for starting stuff

Today is April first which happens to be the starting date for te 2 knitalongs I joined recently.
So I cast on for the cropped cardigan with leaf ties from Fitted knits (page 58) I'm using cotton ease in Lime. It's a cotton, acrylic blend. I had to use an 8 to get gauge. I wanted something inexpensive and washable that I can wear over tanks this summer and not have to worry about the washing. I think thisproject is goin to knit up pretty quick. When this one is done I want to make the textured tunic out of a nice yarn but I may make another of the summery projects first.

I also cast on a pair of socks for the 52 challenge. I am using a yarn harlot pattern from "knitting rules" and I don't know what the yarn is it's missing it's band. I am using sixe 2.75 needles. Tiny needles campared to the 8's for the other project. I'm thinking next pair, big needles worsted weight yarn and baby socks.

In the sewing world I cut out McCalls 5337 and I don't have enough fabric so I need to buy something that will go with it.
I also finally found my bead supplies so I'm goin to make some jewerly this month.
But for nowI'm trying to help G with all her school projects. This wee she has a poem to write and a mousetrap car to build. Neither of which sound like fun to me or her so it's going to take some fresh baked cookies to help us get motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home