Friday, March 30, 2007

real life

I don't usually post anything very personal. I use this blog for fun in sewing,crafts, knitting and to share an ocational picture of my goofy cats. But for a brief moment I'm going to be sad, I just got the call that it's time to sign the papers. My Grandfather is dying, we called in Hospice right after Christmas. He has conjestive heart failure. This week he stopped eating, he's confined to a hospital bed in his living room. His wife called my Dad today so they could sign the "do not resusitate papers" They are disconecting the fibulator.
I need to go for one last visit but I'm afraid to. I want to Remember him as the big gruff, rough around the edges Grandpa, not this frail thing who barely can talk.

4 Comments:

Blogger patsijean said...

I did not have a chance to see my Mother before she died. I had not called her in a while, and did not know she was ill until after her death. Go see your Grandfather, your memories will remain, and you may be forever sorry (as I am) if you do not.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

we need to before its too late to go, you know.
death is hard, we just lot an old friend that was in his 30's so sad, I still think of him because he was like a brother to me but I did see him before he left us, and he was happy and sprinty and warmhearted as he always was, thank goddess, that is the memory I will alway have of him.
hope you feel better

5:14 AM  
Blogger Sharon Sews said...

I'm sorry about your Grandfather. You'll always have your wonderful memories of him. Please go, even if you are afraid.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Tany said...

I'm very sorry about your grandfather. I went through that same experiance a few years ago and I know exactly how hard it is to say goodbye one last time.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home