Sunday, March 25, 2007

McCalls 5314

I made a new skirt McCalls 5390.
I'm so excited!! I finally made my dress. I cut this dress out, the first week of March and finally made it this weekend. I don't know why I waited so long. It wasn't hard to make. It did take along time though. I'm really happy with how it looks.
I haven't tried it on finished though. Hopefully it looks as good on me as it does on the dressform. I did try on pieces as I went.

I used a contrast fabric for the collar.


and the cuffs.

The fabric is some more of the Heather Bailey fresh cut that I LOVE. I was hoping to have enough scraps to made a purse, but I don't think I do. Well see.



5 Comments:

Blogger Tany said...

Lovely dress! Congratulations!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

absolutely fabulous, I'm making that skirt in grey pinstripes for work next week!

3:40 PM  
Blogger stacysews said...

They both look wonderful - I love the fabrics on both.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Looks FANTASTIC!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love the skirt! great colors

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home