Sunday, May 06, 2007

Swap


I have started a rough plan of what I will be doing for Swap.
I'm thinking about this vogue jacket as a maybe. Or I may use simplicity 4695 or I may keep looking.

This bottom vogue pattern will be one of the tops and a skirt. ( see the green outfit on the pattern)I will shorten the skirt. I want to make them in a print so that worn together they look like a dress but then they can be worn apart. This may not make it into the final swap, depends on what fabric I find and if it will go with the other pieces.

This is going to be cut out first. I have a dark charcoal cotton twill, pretty light weight. I plan to make the sleeveless version.

This one I have the white cotton eyelet and a white cotton linning for. I am making the white sleeveless dress on the cover. I also have plans to make a contrast color tie but I need to look at my other swap colors first.


In the prevous swap post you see two simplicity patterns: 4695 and 4194 they will be used.





here is a very rough draft for my Swap :
I plan on making three dresses:
1. Butterick 4386 in a charcoal black light weight twill
2. Simplicity 3877 in white eyelet view c
3. not sure yet possible kwik sew 3520 or 3521
4 tops:
1. Simplicity 4589
2. Simplicity 4695\
3. Vogue 8209
4. New look 6677 maybe

3 Bottoms:
skirt Vogue 8209
Skirt Simplicity 4695 in black denim
shorts simplicity 4194

1 jacket
I'm not sure yet maybe simplicity 4695 or 4194 or vogue 2942
I should also make a shrug or cardigan to go with all these sleeveless tops and dresses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

YOu've picked some great stuff!!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger stacysews said...

I love the patterns you picked out - especially the vogue.... I can't wait to see it sewn up.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home