Monday, June 11, 2007

new knitty, new projects

The summer Knitty is up. I have been stalking the site waiting for it to be up. I haven't read any of the articles yet. I just checked out the new patterns. I'm a little dissapointed. There are a couple of fun ones but nothing that said MAKE ME NOW!!

How about a ripple slirt. This is such a fun idea. It looks so cute on this little girl.

I do love these socks!! These are called Breeze. Very pretty.
The other patterns were either not practical for my life style or the fact that I'm not flat chested, or I just didn't care for them. One ot them ties in the back wth ribbon. If you have ever had a daughter who wore ribbons in her hair you know they rarely stay tied and it would be hard to tie them in a pretty way behind your back. Then "askew" the front of it, It makes me totally crazy that the colors don't line up. I know maybe that't why they call it askew but it just
makes me want to fix it.

I was going through some magazines this weekend and came across the babette blanket in interwieve. I bought this magazine just for this pattern. I think it was last year spring or summer, I'll have to go back and look. I love this thing. It's wild, crazy loud. I still love it. i would probably tone down the colors a bit and make it smaller ,but l I ove it!!
I haven't really felt like sewing, I don't really have time so it hasn't been to much of a problem. Anyway I went into the local quilt fabric,shop. I pretty much just went in to see a friend of mine . I didn't think I would buy anything. Because as I said, I don't have time and I don't feel like sewing.
Well, I came home with the new AMy Butler pattern "Frenchy bag "and a stack of fabric to start a new quilt . I don't have time to start a project that big but I was so excited and so inspired to sew again I had to bring it home. I'm going to go through my fabric stash and see if I have some more fabrics that will match and of course I need to pick a pattern. I 'll have to pick something pretty easy and quick so that I can actually find time to work on it. I also need to post a picture of the fabric stack. The colors are blue, green and a little brown. No big surprise there.
In knitting news I'm working on picovoli from mag knits. In crochet news I'm so far on my ripple I'm even running out of yarn. It's very exciting. I'm going to try really really hard to finish it up in the next couple weeks. Before starting the new quilt. ( maybe)

3 Comments:

Blogger Toya said...

that skirt is just adorable!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That skirt is so very cute!!! lol

6:54 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Stephanie!
Thanks for visiting my blog and I totally agree w/you on the latest Knitty.
Too bad, because I have been so anxious to see the new stuff and was a bit disappointed as well.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home