Friday, February 16, 2007

another must have jacket

No sewing today. I had to work. I had planned on doing a little sewing after work but I made the mistake of checking my email and a few blogs. One of them was Stacy . She had a link to this site
of course I had to check it out. What a cool site. I spent all my extra time tonight plugging in my numbers and looking at all the clothes. The only problems I had were with length and color. The measurements for length are a little tricky to do alone, so they might have been a little off but probably not enoght to matter. But.. for the color palette I have red hair and they don't really cover all the possiblities for redheads so I'm not sure the colors were right. I was surprised to find that most of the styles were things that I am drawn too in stores. So that's good to know. So why is there a jacket in this post? This is one of the styles I should wear and let me tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE this jacket!! I have to figure out how to make this.
I probably won't do any sewing this weekend. We have some big home improvement projects planned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie in Austin said...

Ooo, Stephanie! I love that jacket too! Try Kwik Sew 2895 (great pattern I've made several times) and topstitch on some velvet trim. I'm so copying this idea...

6:34 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ohhh thats the pattern I used for my striped jacket in a previous post. Just topstitching on the velvet is a great idea. I was trying to figure out how to embed it betweeen the pieces.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home