Monday, February 19, 2007

lots of sewing progress

I'm so excited ! I was able to get alot of sewing done this weekend. It helps that it was a 3 day weekend. So what did I do?

1. Teal corduroy jacket, ( Originally for SWAP)I used the same pattern that I used for the striped jacket. Kwik sew 2895.
I just finished sewing fronts to back and have the sleeves topstitched and ready to go in.

2. Teal suede button down shirt.( For SWAP) I used Burda 2561. Just need to sew on buttons.

3. Wool plaid skirt ( Originally for SWAP) I used McCAlls 3830 this is a TNT( tried and tru) pattern for me. I lined it also. This needs to be hemed.

4. Kind of a blue turquose color, linen pants ( for SWAP) I used simplicity 4500. These I need to check for size and then put in the zipper.

5. I started an experiment with a sweater knit piece and a jersey knit. I only had a small amount of the sweater knit I'm also not sure how I'm going to finish off the edges on this thing.
(Burda 8122) This will go in SWAP if it works.

Why so many projects? Well I cut them all out on Friday and saturday afternoon. Then when I was sewing I tried to work on things that were the same color. so anytime I needed to change the thread I would just switch to the next project that was the same color instead. Also anytime I needed a notion that I didn't have ( zipper) I would stop and work on somethng else. I saved the hems and buttons for later too. I always like to hem several things at once instead of one at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home