Tuesday, May 06, 2008

organizing really??


Ok ,so I haven't started any socks. I have a couple of reasons for that. One I realized the yarn I love so much is actually a sport weight not a fingering weight like the monkey sock pattern calls for. That's what happens when you whined your balls and lose your tags. It's also an excellent arguement for why you should always swatch. which I do .


The 2nd reason is that I all of a sudden had this uncontrollable urge to organize my needles.

One of the ladies at knit group carries her entire circular needle collection around with her in this handy little filling type system in a gift bag. It seems to work perfectly for her. Heather and I were talking a few weeks ago about how we need to get organized and maybe we should try her method. Another member of the group came up with thte perfect bags to hold the needles.

So.. I'm busy organizing.
Note: The needle case I made that you see in the photo would work well for someone who doesn't have a very large collection. As soo as you need to put more then two in a pocket it becomes a problem to get them out or keep them from tangeling together. It also doesn't work well for the really long needles or the really large ones. And the little 12 inch lengths get lost in the pockets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home